Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
pdominique
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Workflow approval via BlackBerry - message viewer implementation

Hi everyone,

I got some requests I can approve/reject via a web application or via outlook. The message (e-mail) used to process the request is formatted for outlook and the output on the BlackBerry is not so good. I'd like to be able to accept/reject these requests from my BlackBerry. I need to find a way to display the request details properly and provide buttons/menu items to accept/reject the request.

Is there any way to implement a custom message viewer? I could use this to display the request in my own java application or launch a new browser to open a specific web page containing the request details.

And is there a way to have some data in my e-mail which cannot be interpreted by a standard mail client (outlook)? This data would be used by the BlackBerry client but someone using outlook shoud not be impacted.

Any idea on how I could achieve this?

Regards,

Pierre

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Workflow approval via BlackBerry - message viewer implementation

first step would be to register an inboxlistener that recognizes these specific emails.

second step would be parsing this mail (and deleting it if wanted)

third step would be to display the parsed information in your application.

I have implemented this behavior successfully in our mobility for SAP ERP product that handles workflow mails from SAP systems.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
pdominique

[ Edited ]

Hi Simon,

Do I have to create a button or a menu item to launch my application from the email or is it possible to replace the default email viewer for these particular emails? My application should be started when users click on the email in the standard BlackBerry application. They don't need to see the original email in the standard application.

Regards,

Pierre

Developer
simon_hain

see the application indicator classes, custom message objects are supported since 4.6

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
pdominique

Hi,

I'd like to avoid using the message API and use the standard message list because OS 4.6 is not available on many devices. I just want to somehow replace the standard application for these particular messages.

Regards,

Pierre

Developer
simon_hain

thats not possible.

@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
pdominique

Thank you for your help Simon.