Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
aneesahamedaa
My Device: Not Specified

Working from Eclipse IDE_ Getting Started

Hi experts,

I have been working with JDE4.7 and I know how to create and run a project in simulator using JDE.

Now, I would like to switch on to eclipse for development.

I have downloaded eJDE-4_7_0_46_Component.zip and successfully installed it, using installation instructions provided by the BB site.

Can anyone guide me exactly through the steps, as to, how to create a new project, build and run an application for BB in a simulator from eclipse IDE? I am very much familiar with eclipse-java development also.

Please help me with the steps.

Regards,

Anees

Developer
BBDeveloper

Re: Working from Eclipse IDE_ Getting Started

Some Help.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=13907&query.id=20...

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
New Developer
aneesahamedaa

Eclipse is the world's most widely used IDE for Java. So, it would have been more than great help if RIM provides some good documentations for BB project configuration in eclipse.

I have the same problem mentioned in http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&thread.id=25758

There are no slutions given in that thread.

New Developer
subash

@aneesahamedaa

Have you installed the BB plugin and component packs into Eclipse?

New Developer
aneesahamedaa

Subash,

I have installed the BB plugin and component packs into Eclipse exactly as was given in the BB instruction set for installing eclipse plugin.

New Developer
subash

I had briefly outlined the steps to get the blackberry workspace , in this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&thread.id=25758 .

Check if you have done all of them.

Which version of eclipse are you using?

New Developer
aneesahamedaa

I have done these steps before itself. But as I told, I cannot see Blackberry in, "New->Project->BlackBerry" section.

I have uploaded a self-explanatory screenshot of eclipse configuration in http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfzrknk_60vqjd98dw

I have downloaded and used Eclipse Ganymede, from the link provided by RIM.

Pleae help with solution.

Regards,

Anees

Developer
baskaraninfo
My Device: BB 8320

I have got the thing working for me with the following setup:

1, Install the latest Java jdk 1.6.0_13

2, Install the latest eclipse version 3.4.2

3, Download the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse v1.0.0.67 version from  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/javaeclipseplug.jsp

Run BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.0.0.67.exe to install the blackberry plugin for eclipse IDE. After that open your eclipse ide and following the steps as below:

1, Select Windows->Preferences, there you will see "BlackBerry JDE"

2, Select File->New->Project, you will see "BlackBerry" folder with two options as "BlackBerry Project" and "BlackBerry Resource File". Just select the "BlackBerry Project" option

3, If you want to import the already existing BlackBerry JDE projects into eclipse, then right click on the project menu on package explorer and in BlackBerry folder you can choose "Existing BlackBerry Projects into Workspace", then in the next screen you can select the project workspace file such as .jdp or .jdw to import the project

4, For choosing simulator: Select a project and select Run->Run Configurations->BlackBerry Simulator->DebugServer, there select the "Simulator" tab, there you can select the Profile such as, 8300-IDE, 8830-IDE etc., If you can't find a particular profile eg., 9530-IDE, then download the component pack associated for that profile.

Now you can start coding your application and running the same, which will open in the configured profile in the simulator. 

This may help you :smileyhappy: 

Use Search. "Accept Solution" if the problem gets resolved.
New Developer
subash

@aneesahamed,

My guess is that , you have not installed the plugin properly. Reinstall it again as per baskaraninfo's steps mentioned above and you should be fine.

New Developer
aztroboy

I did EXACTLY as you said, but the option "configure blackberry workspace" is not available to me. Only "Install Signature Keys".

What's wrong????!