Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
hunangarden
My Device: Not Specified

Wrong number of .cod files listed in .jad

I'm developing with the Eclipse plugin (latest version). My project runs fine on the simulator. So I copied the .jad and .cod files to my webserver, extracted the child .cod files and tried to load it on my real bberry over the web. But my bberry complains that it is missing projectname-7.cod. So I look and I only have up to -6.cod and I open the .jad and it has reference to a -7.cod which doesn't exist. I edit references to the -7.cod out of the jad file and then I am able to load and run the app on my bberry.

If anyone knows what is going on, please help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: Wrong number of .cod files listed in .jad

I've seen this happen with the jads that come out of the JDE.  Unless you remove the jad completely before you build, it seems the JDE (and it is probably only some levels of JDE, I use a mixture) only updates the jad.  So if you have previously had 7 siblings, but now only have 5, the sibling references to the 6th and 7th cods are not removed. 

To get round this problem, as part of my build, I delete the jad files, and then the JDE creates a good one for me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
guperez

It happended a few times with us too. Just delete the jad filed before building your project.

Take care

Please use plain text.
New Developer
hunangarden

Thanks for the help. Deleting the .jad file before a build seems to work. If anyone knows how to open a bug with RIM, please do so.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Thanks for reporting this.  I've passed this issue along to our development team.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.