Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
nag
My Device: sdk 9800
My Carrier: java development

adding a image on other image

iam developing a blakberry application in that in the bottom iam having the footer in that footer i have 3 images one of them  is cart image when an item is added to the cart  by  user that number has to be displayed on cart image . can any one tell me the approach to that one  thanks

Press the Kudos button (star) on the left side to thank and
please mark the Thread as solved if its solved...

Thanks and Regards
Nagarjuna
Please use plain text.
Developer
ankityadav4u
My Device: 9700, 9550, and JDE
My Carrier: AIRTEL, BSNL

Re: adding a image on other image

u can set 1 image as background, and another as Image itself (as content/child), however in that case u need to fix the size of manager hows bg u will set, otherwise it  may be adjusted according to content, and possibly u'll see only foreground content, even if the bg is also present.

available on: Monday to Friday, Indian standard (day) time : )
  • Give kudos by clicking on the star icon to say "Thanks!" if you feel this response is helpful.
  • Click "Accept as Solution" if this post was what you needed. so that people who are trying to help will not waste their time reading a thread where no help is needed.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
nag
My Device: sdk 9800
My Carrier: java development

can u please share the sample code to do that one appending child image in parent image

Press the Kudos button (star) on the left side to thank and
please mark the Thread as solved if its solved...

Thanks and Regards
Nagarjuna
Please use plain text.
Developer
ankityadav4u
My Device: 9700, 9550, and JDE
My Carrier: AIRTEL, BSNL

simply have

bitmapfield, then setBackground() with parent image, then setBitmap() this child image

on bitmapfield's sublayout just set the size u want to display using setextent

or in another way, just override paint method, and first draw image u want as parent, then draw 2nd (order is mandatory) int that case u have to specify the location where u want to draw...........

try this 1st urself................

available on: Monday to Friday, Indian standard (day) time : )
  • Give kudos by clicking on the star icon to say "Thanks!" if you feel this response is helpful.
  • Click "Accept as Solution" if this post was what you needed. so that people who are trying to help will not waste their time reading a thread where no help is needed.

Please use plain text.