Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: attempts to access a secure API

you can use the newest signature tool for all builds, also for OS 5 builds.

I would suspect that the OS 5 signature tool also works fine and rebuilding the project fixed the issue, as I suggested in the first reply already, but there is no harm in using the 7.1 tool.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Super Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: sdvsdvsd

yes but simon, i need to run this on 5 os and plz tell me where can i download the newest signature tool for all builds

Developer

if you have the 7.1 sdk installed the sigtool.jar is included there.

as i said: you can compile with OS 5 and sign with whatever signing tool you want to use.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I have never tested this, but I see no reason why you could not sign an OS 5.0 compiled app with the OS 6.0 Signing tool.  I think this would run just fine on OS 5.0. 

As noted, I sign externally just by running the Signing tool from a bat file.  To do this, I have created a directory containing a number of files, including the csi and csk files, as shown in the attached image.  I got these from the JDE (not JRE).  To use this, I effectively click on the SignatureTool jar file and then browse to find the cods I want to sign. 

You could try to set something like this up, using the Signature Tool you will find with the 6.0 JRE.  Then try signing your JRE 5.0 build. 

Sorry I can't actually help you with this because I don't use Eclipse to sign.  But see if you can manage this by yourself using this information. 

Edit: I see Simon has been suggesting the same thing.  Also directory image now attached. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

hi,peter
one thing i want to ask from you is that my app total depends upon Database and many of BB device does not support database on internal memory so i'm creating Database on SD card now when the user removes the SD card and the user run the app (without Sd card) i'm simply showing a dialog that 'please insert sd card to run the app' with ok button and on the ok click the app will close .., i just want to ask you that before submitting my app to app world 
is this thing cause my app to be rejected.. or not ?

Super Contributor

plz ans my question
Developer

please open a new thread for a new question and mark this as resolved if it is.

also note that the users of this forum do not approve anything on bb world and thus can hardly answer questions like that. most likely nobody cares about it.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Agree with SImon. I can't tell you what BB World will approve or not, but if your description clearly states your app needs the SD Card, then I suspect that will be OK by BB World, especially if the app is free. 

Super Contributor

thanks peter and simon for your valuable advice and now app is approved by the App world.