Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
kaustubh
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry connectivity with webservice on windows authenticated server

Hello All,

I m developing blackberry application, which retrieves data from webservice. This webservice is hosted on windows authenticated server under private network. This webservice also retrieves contact list from active directory.

When application on blackberry device tries to connect to web service (transmits through BES) gives error as "access denied" due to windows authentication. 

However If I browse the webservice through blackberry browser, it asks windows user name and password and once entered windows user name and password, I can see web service. and now if I tries to launch the application, it connects to webservice smoothly because I have already logged into through browser. But this works for only 30 mins. So every time i need to login to browser before using the application.

Does anybody knows how can I connect to integrated windows authenticated webservice without entering user id and password ? Or is there any way where I can send windows user id and password programatically ?

Regards

Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka
My Device: Not Specified

Re: blackberry connectivity with webservice on windows authenticated server

I'm working on a custom browser that could accomodate stuff like that but it would help if you can

rephrase the problem in terms of http requirements. If you can verify the authentication exchange and define it

in terms of headers that would help. It probably sets a cookie that expire but I'm not sure offhand what the options

are for requesting a new one ( sending your credentials to the server).

I'm always looking for ideas on handling various impediments to information usage in mobile environments.

Please use plain text.