Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
SachinKanade
My Device: 8110

bouncy castle

Hi All,
How will i implement bouncy castle in blackberry same as like j2me

Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: bouncy castle

If you search the forum for "Bouncy Castle", you will find many threads discussing the subject.

New Contributor
sallee
My Device: All

I could not find any discussion of the implementation of the bouncy castle on the Blackberry. RexDoug can you put a link at least one such discussion. I need pkcs7 and pkcs12.

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

If you would like advice on how to use bouncy castle, I suspect that there are better places than here.  We are focused on helping people use RIM Apis, not other packages. 

Note that Chris Kings book "Advanced Application Development" includes some details on using bouncy castle, but I have never looked at it, so I don't know if it answers your specific questions. 

Developer
dpreussler
My Device: Storm 9550

The RIM API has a full J2ME-API, that means that the J2ME compatible part of bouncy castle will run on a BlackBerry exaclty the same as in any J2ME device

If your problem was solved, please mark answer as "Accepted solution"
If your want to thank, click the "kudo" symbol
sallee
My Device: All

Thank you for your prompt response.
I do not have to use only bouncy castle, but afraid that the other way does not exist (at least what I read,
rim api does not contain pkcs7 and pkcs12). I have a pkcs12 (. pfx) file and need to sign some data using pkcs7. I did this using openssl (for symbian) but I do not know how to do the same thing on the Blackberry. If anyone knows how to do this I would be very grateful to him.
If this could be done using the rim api it would be best. I am new to java, also in cryptography, so I apologize if I ask some simple things.

Also, I apologize to my poor English.

Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.997 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1418, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

I don't know what Component Pack you are using but in the 5.0 documentation it seems PKCS 1, 5, 8, 10 are supported. They might have a private class that supports 7 or 12 but you would have to try it out to see.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Contributor
cruser11232
My Device: Black berry curve 8530

Hi,

Was there any success in developing PKCS7 module for Blackberry. Am also working on the same and i found that CMSSignedDataOutputStream of blackberry can be used but no success yet. Can you shed some light on it.

thanks and regards

Charley