Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9650 + developer

build Problem ???

i am trying to do sample app connected with BBM

i get problem with in building

net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar can not be exported because some class in it was eviscerated (content of a class file was removed).

any suggesting will be helpfull ..

thanks in advanced

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: build Problem ???

Regular Contributor

thanks alot for ur replay .. and i knew i ask it before in this topic but not  wasn't the main  question  in the previous post so i put it in separated post .... to prevent conflict in future if some one else search for the problem ..

Developer

[ Edited ]

Fair enough, and if I had found this first I would just have pointed people here rather than back to your other Thread because I think that was a good idea!

Anyway, can you mark any Threads that are 'finished' as solved.  Instructions in Help link near top of screen if you need them. 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: 9900

Sounds like you are trying to build the jar file into a library.  Instead you should just add it to your project. Try that out and let me know please.

Regular Contributor

i follow this step to add the jar file into the project if  that u meen  build the jar fule  into a library ..

1. In Eclipse, open the BlackBerry Application Development perspective.
2. Click File > New > BlackBerry Project.
3. In the New BlackBerry Project dialog box, in the Project Name field, type a name for your project.
4. In the JRE section, make sure you select a BlackBerry JRE that is version 5.0 or later, and click Finish.
5. In the Package Explorer view, right-click the project and click Properties.
6. In the Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Java Build Path.
7. Click the Libraries tab.
8. Click the Add External JARs button.
9. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the BlackBerry Messenger SDK file,. In the BBM SDK folder, doubleclick
net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar.
10. Click Next.

is the right way or  is there something else

Developer

A jar added in this way will not be built. so you will not get the error message you mentioned at the start. 

Can I suggest you start again from scratch and make sure you only follow the steps outlined?