Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
vona
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

changing default menu behaviours

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Is there a way to display a menu in the bottom left corner of the screen? In the api reference, there is an explanation that  "Displays a menu in the top right corner of the screen." about behaviour of menu. However, for instance, 8820 displays menus in the bottom left corner and that is default behaviour. On the other hand, when i use menu.show(), it displays menu as in the explanation. To sum up, how can menu.show() displays the menu in the bottom left corner? Thanks! 

Message Edited by vona on 09-17-2008 03:16 AM
Message Edited by vona on 09-17-2008 04:58 AM
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: changing default menu behaviours

The location of the menu can vary based on the type of menu (reduced or full menu) and the current theme active on the BlackBerry.  The theme controls the location of where a menu will show.  Typically the reduced menu is shown centered at the bottom of the screen.  The full menu is usually shown on the top right or top left of the screen.  An application does not have control over where these menus are shown.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
ruizalv

Hi Mark,

First of all sorry for posting in this solved thread. We are working in a important project for BlackBerry (we use MIDP2 and RIM classes) and came up with this same problem. You said that the position of the customized menu cannot be changed, the menu appears in the top-right side of the screen. However we have rigid specifications about this, the Menu must appear in the bottom-left side. Is there any way to achieved this? We could use other libraries or even specific solution since this is a key factor for the viability of the projet.

Thanks,

Pedro

Developer
kungfucop

Hi, we are experiencing the same problem which requires the menu to show on the left bottom. Wish we could make a solution to that.