Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

RK1
New Contributor
My Device: Non BlackBerry user
My Carrier: 1

cod data section too large:65836 bytes

Hi,

I am porting a j2me game code to blackberry where i have different classes,when i am packaging it,its giving me the I/O error : outfile :cod data section too large : 65836 bytes.I have one class called game which when i am commenting,the game packages succesfully,but when i uncomment it,the error arises,even i have tried breaking the game class into to two different classes but even that havent help,if any one has any solution to this??

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: cod data section too large:65836 bytes

I am slightly confused here because the message suggests you have an issue with your 'data', which is I thought the assets you have, rather than the code.  Do you have some sort of large fixed table or array?

Anyway, just for the record, my understanding is that a BB application is treated as data or code, and the 64K limit applies to each separately.  The development environment has various packaging techniques it uses to make sure this rule is not broken, even when there are assets greater than 64 KB.