Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
kosh
My Device: Not Specified

code signing failure (csk file not generating)

Hi, Signed up for a key, got it yesterday with the usual RIM instructions. Run the first .csi file, get the dialog asking me to create new key value pair, I click yes, and then nothing happens.

Ive tried to look for this issue on forums and the internet, and Ive seen many cases where theyve gone unanswered. Some others mention that JDE 1.6 is incompatible and should be replaced with 1.5.

Now I have 1.5 in my PATH, and no 1.6. Yet, Im having this problem. Has anyone figured out the actual solution to this problem? Signing code should not be this complicated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
abreckner
My Device: Not Specified

Re: code signing failure (csk file not generating)

I am also having the same problem (just to verify that this is not a one off incident).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mobidev
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: code signing failure (csk file not generating)

Originally, I had 4.2 JDE installed. I followed the steps given to me in the email that I got the three csi files. When I clicked 'Yes' to create a key value pair, nothing happened.

I then installed 4.3 JDE and I did those steps again, and this time, I got the next dialog box to pop up, and I completed the registration for all three .csi files and it was successful.

But then, I believe the csi files got registered with the most recent JDE that I installed (4.3), so in order for signing to work with 4.2, I had to manually copy  all 3 of the sigtool.csk, sigtool.set, sigtool.db and SignatureTool.jar files to the bin directory of other JDEs.

Not sure if this will help.

Please use plain text.