Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
peevedoffdeveloper
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: telus

crazy long app approval times, then app denied

I am seriously getting annoyed with RIM as far as app approval times but not only that, they have become sersiously picky about app ui etc.

I have waited 5 weeks to have my os4.5 app denied for reasons that  I believe is because of the virtual keyboard showing up on some devices. Well I can't hide the virtual keyboard until os4.7 so I submitted a new version for os4.7.

But you think this release will get approved anytime soon. Nope you guessed right. Gonna have to wait another month for this to maybe get approved if I am lucky.

And you think this is a one time event. Nope. I have had many apps taking over 2 months eventually to get approved because of finiky ui issues.

Why they just don't approve for the devices that it is compatible with. Wouldnt't that have been easier.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: crazy long app approval times, then app denied

Until BB10 apps started arriving on the scene, approvals for new apps were usually through in less than 2 weeks, upgrades were a few days.  Now you can wait forever while they work through the 100,000 BB10 apps that need approving!  You are not the only one effected by approval delays.

Re "Why they just don't approve for the devices that it is compatible with".  You can, on the portal, control which devices your app will be condered for.  So you can specify one version for keyboard devices and one for touch screen devices  if you want.  Since you have the control to specify the devices you expect the app to work on, I think it is reasonable for BB World to reject your app if it doesn't work on one of the devices you said it should work on. 

You might also find this forum a better place for your BlackBerry World issues.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-Development/bd-p/appworld_dev

Please use plain text.
Contributor
peevedoffdeveloper

Thanks Peter. Wow there is a lot of negative comments in that forum about wait times. Posted here thinking it was mostly a bbos issue, at least the denies, not the wait times. But still rim just announce 100K apps now for bb10. How much more of a backlog can there be still? Can there still be tons of android developers jumping in to make 2cents a day here?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

My impression, based on speculation only, mind you, is that BlackBerry put all the Portathon-Apps in the same queue as normal applications.
That was quite a number, around 15k twice.
I really hope they learned from that mistake, and things are getting better again with review times.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Contributor
peevedoffdeveloper

What is really disastrous is if you have an app with a crucial bug that you need fixing ASAP? Updates are taking 1+ months as well as initial app submission. I somehow suspect BBOS apps will be given a lower priority for them on top of that so pushed down in the queue.

It simply cannot continue like this if they want to keep their developers. I have a 1hr wait for android apps and 2week for initial app release for iphone apps.  Can't be sitting for months waiting and hoping for my bb apps to be approved.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

"I somehow suspect BBOS apps will be given a lower priority"

Possibly, but I have had a BBOS app that was submitted after a BB10 upgrade was submitted, approved before the BB10 app was approved. 

Please use plain text.