Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

My Device: 8000
My Carrier: hi

database issue..

hello friends,

i have my one application in app world i want to know that if i create second version of my application in diffrent database structer.

old application have diffrent database structure and second version have diffrent database structure than if we download the application than database will replace with new database ? please clear my query...

Thanks and regards,

Ajay Patil.

New Contributor
My Device: 9970
My Carrier: airtel

Re: database issue..

which databases you are using in  previous version of application and new version?...

My Device: 8000
My Carrier: hi

i am using sql lite databse. but in my old database 1 table with 10 attributs and new database with 1 table with 15 attributs.

when any one update new version it will orverright  the old application? or it will use old database? what should we do ? please help me frnds...

thanks and reragds,

ajay Patil.

My Device: Not Specified

Downloading and installing an application does not effect anything directly on the SD Card.  However you may have some auto start processing in your application and your own code might effect the database.  If the database is effected, it will not be RIM's code that is effecting it, it will be yours.

I think you need to program you code to cope with the situation when you download and the user has the old table format. 

My Device: bold
My Carrier: fido

Hi ,

What you can  do now wipe the device and make sure you select remove installed app . this will remove the existing database.

In you app you need to implement the functionlaity to reset the database where you drop all the table . 

and re create them