Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

deleting application modules

In my application I have background modules autostarted. When updating them and then using the desktop manager to first delete all modules and then install all new ones everyting works nice. When doing an installtion from the web directly to the phone a manual deletion and restart is needed. I have indications  that when deleting the main application, these background tasks are not deleted even though they are part of the installation and can be seen under the main application when checking permissions. There are no sub entries for these modules when deleting like there are for permission settings.

Should these modules be deleted when deleting the main visible application? If yes, can I see somewhere that they are deleted? Is there a problem to delete these modules if they are running?

If they should not be deleted by deleting the main App how do I go about deleting them?

The indication I have is that  new versions of these modules dont seem to get installed

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Developer
My Device: 9900

Re: deleting application modules

Do the old modules and the new modules have the same names?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Re: deleting application modules

[ Edited ]

Yes, they are updated versions. I would definitely not want duplicate functions in the system, 2 of them are listeners

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-