Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
enil
My Device: 8100
Accepted Solution

deployment licencing

Hi ,

i am using storm simulator with JDE 4.7

is it necessary to signing in for deployment of our application on a blackberry device ?

i have used persistent storage,  GPS locator API and HTTP calls

please let me know

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: deployment licencing

You will need to sign this application.

See the javadocs for the classes you use - they will indicate if you need to sign the app to use the class - but in your case I can guarantee that they do.

Please use plain text.
Developer
enil
My Device: 8100

thanx for the quick reply. i really appriciate that.

Butwhat if i use midlets for development. do i still need to signing my application.

I read somewhere that it is possible to use rim classes with midlets. do i still need to signing code in that case too.

also i wonder which approach is best for development, i.e using Rim or using Midlets, as far as memory consumption and overall performance is concern.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I've not specifically tested this, but I understand that you can mix and match Midlet and Rim, except for the UI classes.  In other words, it can either look like a Midlet or look like a native BB app, but you can use everything else from either place.  As far as I know, if you use a class that requires Rim signing, you will have to sign even if you use it in a Midlet.  In your case the Persistent Storage classes need signing.  You might be able to swap these for RMS storage if you really didn't want to sign.  But signing costs $20 - it is not a big deal.

Regarding which is best - see this Thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&thread.id=17177

Please use plain text.