Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mohitsharma
My Device: Blackberry Torch

dynamically add and remove icons from the Home Screen

Hi all,

What I am trying to achieve is to add icons on homescreen, depending on which icon is launched that entry point of application will be invoked.

My app is having certain parts/components which are individual applications in itself. I want to add a feature "place Shortcut on homescreen" just like you add "shortcut on desktop", so depending on his need user can send that part/component to homescreen for direct accessibility. Next time user can directly click the icon to launch that component itself rather than opening the main application and then doing it.

Any ideas/suggestions towards achieving this?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
coilfyzx
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: dynamically add and remove icons from the Home Screen

I can't believe no one responded..This is what I want to be able to do too. Have you found any helpful things yet?

You would be meaningless.
Please use plain text.