Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
aperezdev
My Device: Curve
Accepted Solution

error 104 NOCLASSDEFFOUNDERROR when loading app in bbemulator

Hi guys, after many steps finally i got my first app ready but it was rejected by the app world because it wasn't signed.

I've installed new keys to sign my app, so then when i try to debug my app in the simulator it marked that error :smileysad:

I've been searching and didn't find an answer, my app worked without the sign and now it fails :smileysad:

Note: I'm using ksoap jar verified in my app as a external jar. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: error 104 NOCLASSDEFFOUNDERROR when loading app in bbemulator

Knowing which class was not found would help immensely.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aperezdev

Thanks for your help.

There's no message  indicated in the error.  Please see the picture below.bbbold9900error104.png

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

Instead of using jar file better to user src file. You will the source may be @ http://sourceforge.net/  (not sure)

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
aperezdev

It's my very first app, I don't know how to do it, I'm afraid that if i change the src my parse will not work again

Please use plain text.
Developer
kamal_nigam
My Device: Blackberry 10

It won’t affect your code. You have .classes file in the jar file. Better to go with source files

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Let us start back at the beginning.

Signing an app does NOT cause it suddenly to not find classes.  There is something else going on here.

Can you recreate your unsigned app and does it work?  I suspect not.

Continuing a little, you have not answered RexDoug's question regarding which file was not found.  If you run this in the Simulator I think the log will tell you this.  So run it again and see.  That will determine the appropriate action.

You seem to have decided it is something to do with kSoap.  If you have included the kSoap jar file correctly in your application, then it will be included in your cods OK.  Adding the kSoap source and compiling it yourself should not be needed.  It won't hurt, but it shouldn't be needed. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aperezdev

Thanks to all for responding and helping. I have the Console messages and i found something that the string builder class is not defined...but i'm not using it directly, these are the messages:

Packaging project Block2Go
C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33\components\bin\rapc.exe -quiet codename=deliverables\Standard\7.0.0\Block2Go -sourceroot=C:\Documents and Settings\Propietario\workspace\Block2Go\src;C:\Documents and Settings\Propietario\workspace\Block2Go\res -import=C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.0.0_7.0.0.33\components\lib\net_rim_api.jar C:\Documents and Settings\Propietario\Escritorio\Dropbox\ksoap2-j2me-core-prev-2.1.2.jar deliverables\Standard\7.0.0\Block2Go.rapc C:\Documents and Settings\Propietario\workspace\Block2Go\bin
java.lang.StringBuilder: Warning!: No definition found
block2go_pkg.Alertas: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.CoordGPS$5: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.CoordGPS: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.CoordGPS$6: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.CrearLugar: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.DirResumen: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.Directorio: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.MenuB2G: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.MyScreen: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
block2go_pkg.Perfil: Warning!: Reference to undefined class: java.lang.StringBuilder
Packaging project Block2Go succeeded (took 21.172 seconds)

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

StringBuilder is not available on BlackBerry. 

Other pwople have had this problem, if you search the forum you will probably find your answer.

For example I found this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Problm-with-StringBuilder/m-p/1385277

Please use plain text.
Contributor
aperezdev

I understand but, as i mentioned my app worked fine until i put the new keys, that's strange because i have the screenshots and the previous .cod files that i'v tried to publish to the bb app world. That's strange so there's another thing that it's crashing my app?

Please use plain text.