Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Christophe
My Device: Many
Accepted Solution

error: "module attemps to access secure API" Even though it is properly signed

Hi,

I got an application that I compile for varios brand (image and some const are different) using the same code base.

My problem is that event the code and compiling/signing process is the same, SOME version fail to run on the device reporting the error "module attemps to access secure API"

I found varios page talking about the same problem:

I verified that the jad got the hash and that SignatureTool reported the cod as signed (so it is not DB-00717, I check the csl).

I belive my problem is SDR 55471

"SDR 55471: Inability to load signed file
If adding a signature(s) causes the data section of a .cod file to exceed 65536 bytes (2^16) in size, the File Signer application does not report an error, and the .cod file cannot be loaded onto a secure device.Impact: In rare cases, a .cod file signed by the Signature Tool will not run on a secure device.
Workaround: Increase or decrease the size of the file. "

So, my questions are the following:

• How can I detect which cod got a "data section" too big (idealy using a batch) without installing them on the device?
  • How can I actually change the size of the compiled cod "data section" other than by try and error ? (I got 32 version of the app using the same code)

Tech Info:

• Tested on device BB 9500 Storm with OS 4.7.0.141
  • Compiled with JDE 4.2.1, 4.6 and 4.7. 
  • Signed with SignatureTool from JDE 4.2.1

I welcome any advice / tips

Christophe

Developer
Christophe
My Device: Many

Re: error: "module attemps to access secure API" Even though it is properly signed

Meanwhile, because it is a know bug, I tried to sign the cod with a more recent JDE SignatureTool. 

With the JDE 6.0.0 (dl from RIM on day 23/5/2011),

I could sign and run my cod (same onces as before) on the 9500!

So, the solution is : use the signatureTool from JDE 6.0.0

Sorry, I did not tried this before posting. I hope this post will help someone.

regards,

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: error: "module attemps to access secure API" Even though it is properly signed

good to know that it may help!
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Contributor
tomec
My Device: Bold 9900

I had the same problem in Eclipse. Solution was to increase the size of COD file above 65kB. Simply put a picture in resources and the COD file in deliverables will become bigger.