Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
robertjava
My Device: blackberry curve 8900

error starting module attempts to access a secure api

hello when I try to run the program I get this error starting module Attempts to access a secure API, I'm using eclipse plugins blackberry jdk, someone could help me I'm new thanks

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: error starting module attempts to access a secure api

You need to sign apps before you put them on device.

This should help you out:

https://developer.blackberry.com/java/documentation/code_signing_1977871_11.html

New Contributor
robertjava

and sign my application, following the steps on this page, but the problem still remains with the same error that may be?

New Contributor
robertjava

peter_strange ha escrito:

You need to sign apps before you put them on device.

This should help you out:

https://developer.blackberry.com/java/documentation/code_signing_1977871_11.html

hello I have signed my application, following the footsteps of the page, but the problem still remains with the same error that may be?

Developer
peter_strange

Not being hard here, but a lot of people have, over the years, said that they were getting this message but their cods were correctly signed, and in every case, there was an issue with their build or deplyment process which meant that the version on the device was not signed. 

So look at your procedures, and go through it again.  Delete the app off the device and put it back, making sure you pick up the signed cods.  Go through the Options on device and display the Modules, and check that the dates and times match what you expect.  I strongly suspect you will find something not quite as you expect.  Or alternatively, it will work this time!

New Contributor
robertjava

peter_strange ha escrito:

Not being hard here, but a lot of people have, over the years, said that they were getting this message but their cods were correctly signed, and in every case, there was an issue with their build or deplyment process which meant that the version on the device was not signed. 

So look at your procedures, and go through it again.  Delete the app off the device and put it back, making sure you pick up the signed cods.  Go through the Options on device and display the Modules, and check that the dates and times match what you expect.  I strongly suspect you will find something not quite as you expect.  Or alternatively, it will work this time!

hi problem solved was using my os sdk 7.0 and 5.0, change sdk by 5.0 and ready thanks

Developer
peter_strange

Great and thanks for reporting back.

Can you mark this as solved - instructions in Help link near top of screen if you need them.