Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
casebash
My Device: None
My Carrier: NOne

fledge_umphost.exe has encounted a problem

I am trying to test a Java ME applet using the Blackberry 7 emulator. Unfortunately, I am receiving the error: fledge_umphost.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. I tried downloading another applet from the internet and it still crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Also, to open a Java Midlet, should I be opening the jar or the jad?

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: fledge_umphost.exe has encounted a problem

BlackBerry Smartphones are not able to run JAR files directly.  Application files for BlackBerry Smartphones are in the COD file format.  You can point the BlackBerry Browser to your JAD file and install a JAR file.  This process will convert the JAR to a COD file.  You cannot use the File -> Load feature of the BlackBerry smartphone simulator to load a JAR file.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
casebash
My Device: None
My Carrier: NOne

[ Edited ]

I managed to run the application by setting its parent folder to the virtual SD card and browsing to it in the simulator file manager. I'm sure I was doing it before, but its not crashing now!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dineshgbpec
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: du

Hii,

Can you please provide the solution to fix this error (browser getting crashed) whenever i launch browser. document reference provided by you is not availabe. 

Please use plain text.