Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
jpihaan
My Device: Not Specified

generating the new jad-file using rapc

Hi,

I'm generating a cod-file using rapc. I have a jad-file in which I need to have required RIM-information, which is provided when compiling with rapc.jar but not only the details of the jar/cod are included but the numerous debug-files as well. Is there a way to generate the new jad file without the information from the debug files or altogether the debug files from compiling?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka

Re: generating the new jad-file using rapc

What does your command line look like? I haven't seen this problem but taking stuff out is easy with "awk."

This would integrate into my build environment, since I already use awk to change the paths and various

other things in preparation for automated upload to a test server for OTA testing, but it may be an odd thing

to add if you are set up differently.

I think I routinely get debug and jar files along with the signed cod and jad and I just ignore them.

Is there something you want to accomplish by not generating them?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jpihaan

Hi. Thanks for your answer.

I need to get rid of the reduntant file info in the jad because the cod will be downloaded by customers.

This is what my command looks like:

java -jar /library/rapc.jar import=/library/java/net_rim_api.jar -midlet folder/TEST.jar

And yes, cleaning up the jad in unix-environment is not a problem but I need to be able to compile in Windows too. Suppose you could get awk in Windows too but I'd really prefer if the jads would not be generated in the way they are now

Please use plain text.
Developer
marchywka

I'm using cygwin for everything but I'm not sure what you are doing as the "way they are now" to generate

a jad file. IIRC, one problem was spurious stuff in the input jad. I think it just appends to whatever it already finds there ( at least that is what it seemed to do before, I buried all those details and haven't looked lately). IF this is true, it

may be a matter or removing the old one before compiling. In any case, post processing with things like

absolute url's that depend on the ultimate deployment location probably belong in something like awk, or

at least some text processing cleanup kluge, as I'm not sure what tools generally support deployment details

like I have run into. On other phones, where you expect to read parameters from your jad, where does the build

environment set these up automatically? Again here, I was using awk to read jad info from a build spec.

Please use plain text.