Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
livehappy
My Device: balck berry 9550

get current location

i used this code below http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Location-APIs-Start-to-finish/ta-p/571949 in this articae to get the current location and it work only outdoor but when im inside mean indoor its not work properly or its take alot of time what i can change or what to do to can get the curent location when im not under sky coverage

Developer
rabiray
My Device: BB Bold

Re: get current location

Hi 

I do not think this will work under the roof.

As blackberry clearly says.....Pleasa use a location with an unobsructed view of the sky.

Thanks

Rabi

Contributor
livehappy

it is there  any new solution or any other things i can use to get the location

Developer
rabiray
My Device: BB Bold

Sorry to say...but i have no idea.

Thx

Rabi

Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

If your carrier supports it, you can set up the location criteria for "network assist" mode, where your locaiton is appoximated based on the tower that your device is currently registered with.

Contributor
livehappy

is it there any tutorial or any documant can explain me how to get my location without using the gps mode how to use this network assist u talk about may u can help me with that

Developer
paulkayuk
My Device: Curve 8520

Contributor
livehappy

i also tried this sample and its not work with me when i want use the Mode GEOLOCATION it return javax.microedition.location Exception MODE_GEALOCATION is not currently available on this device  and the same with the mode GEOLOCATION CELL and the GEOLOCATION WLAn i use blackberry 9800 and iget suffer with this any help pls

Developer
paulkayuk
My Device: Curve 8520

Which OS version is running on your BlackBerry 9800?

Have you looked at the code in the API, to see where and why those exceptions are being thrown?

Note that  MODE_GEOLOCATION_CELL and MODE_GEOLOCATION_WLAN only work on BlackBerry OS 6.0 and above.  Is that where your problem lies?

Contributor
livehappy

my phone is blackberry 9800 6.0 bundle 2949and the version of it is (v6.0.0.668 platform 6.6.0.236)