Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
FabioPini
My Device: 9000

hang in sending with no coverage

Hi,

I've a problem with udp packet sending: my app send packets through wifi and the carrier with 2 different connections. A strange problem occurs: when i uncheck "In coverage" of GSM network,in network properties (simulator 9000BB), the app continue to run 'til it reach the connection.send() call, then he didn't launch any exception, but simply wait there. It would be a normal behaviour, the problem is that the send() call hangs on the wifi connection, NOT the carrier connection. Why does it block when he reach a send call on another connection? I obtain the same result if I call the send() in another thread.

Anyone could help?

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: hang in sending with no coverage

the simulators wifi-connection is also disabled, don't ask ME why
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
FabioPini

Disabled? I dunno, in normal behaviour, it works fine...the problem occurs only when I uncheck th "In coverage" option in Network properties. This in 9000BB. In the 8900 it's the opposite: the send on a carrier connection hangs when I uncheck the coverage on wifi :smileytongue:

Contributor
FabioPini

There is written that to hang on a write() (or in this case a send()) call is the normal behaviour; but the problem is that I call the send into ANOTHER connection. isn't it possible? Anyone tried it?

Contributor
FabioPini

Probably I didn't make myself clear. The problem is that, when i uncheck the checkbox "In coverage" of the GSM predefined network, I block (in waiting) the first send() called after. But that send is onto another connection, a wifi connection, just created. It makes no sense that no coverage on gsm block sending through wifi,no? I tried to recreate connection, when there is no coverage...Or to call send() into another thread, but the problem still remains. Any suggestions?

I'm desperate :smileysad:

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

try it on a real device. the simulator is not very good in simulating the different connections.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter