Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
srikanth_kannan
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

help needed in running a MIDLET in JDE 5.0.0

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have developed a MIDLET using Netbeans IDE and the application works fine in all Ericson, nokia simulators and devices. I need to make the MIDLET run in a Blackberry Bold 9700. But, i have had problems even while running the MIDLET in the 9700 simulator. The MIDLET compiles and builds successfully, when i run it and go the Menu -> Downloads  in the 9700 simulator, i could not find my application(mainMidlet) in there. I have also checked other folders in the simulator but in vain.

Initially i got the" module(mainMidlet) has verification errors" and i removed all the System.out. println() statements in my code and i could find my MIDLET in the Downloads folder of the 9700 simulator and when i clicked it, i got a pop-up Alert in the simulator saying "LWUIT module has verification errors".  I also get the following message "source code not available" in the JDE screen(please see the attached screenshot".

Can someone help me out. I have been breaking my head for 2 days trying to figure out the reason.

2618i2326F1CF08BF442F

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: help needed in running a MIDLET in JDE 5.0.0

Please see the following in regards to the verification error.

Preventing verification errors

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Preventing-verification-errors/ta-p/444846

The "source code not found" warning just means that execution was halted on a line of code outside of your application (within the code of the BlackBerry APIs themselves)... assuming that the .java files are present for your application.  If they are not you will get this any time your application is halted.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
srikanth_kannan
My Device: Not Specified

Re: help needed in running a MIDLET in JDE 5.0.0

i found out that by changing the "Project type" in the project properties of the JDE to"MIDlet", i could find my MIDlet application in the downloads folder of Blackberry 9700 simulator. please find the attached screenshot for the same.

2872i6F26EABAB903F6E3

Please use plain text.