Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
arjun
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

how can I achive single click on Trackwheel automatically oepns message

Hi All,

I want to do exactly what blackberry doing for the SMS Inbox  messages. I create a folder to show the received SMS  like Blackberry SMS Inbox. 

I created  Inbox/ outbox messages box for SMS. When I click on Trackwheel it opens all menuItems. But I want to oepn a message directly from the selected message like what Blackberry SMS Message is doing. On one click on trackwheel how to open a message directly, It should not show the MenuItems. In Inbox/ Outbox I am showing first row I am showing the date  of the Message and their corresponding messages. If i select a message i want to  view the message information directly, If  I select the Date from the list i want to show the corresponding  MenuItems. 

please can any one help me in this issue. can any one send some sample code for this. 

Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
kzettel
My Device: 9000

Re: how can I achive single click on Trackwheel automatically oepns message

You can override trackwheelClick in your field displaying your messages.  In that method, you can display the selected method item when it is clicked and return true to indicate that you consumed the event.  If you still want to display the menu, return false and the menu should still be displayed.
Kurt Zettel | Chief Architect | Metova
www.metova.com
Please use plain text.