Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
salmankhan7788
My Device: Curve 9650,Bold 9900

how to Install multiple cod files using single jad files...?

Hi
 i have created an app and run it on simulator it works fine on simulator,but when i try to install it on device it shows error
 basically this error is due to the cod file size and then i search something about this on suppotforum and get a solution to zip
and unzip the cod file then i got three code files like tata.cod, tata1.cod and tata2.cod but i cant not understand how do i combine
these cod files into one jad file and how do i sign these cod files to run and install these files on device.

I have already consider some post regarding this but not getting success..

please provide a step by step solution to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: how to Install multiple cod files using single jad files...?

You need to research "sibling cod files" to understand what is happening to your cod file.  A tool that can be used to combine multiple jads from different projects is "updatejad' - again search on the forum to find out more about this.

But in fact you should not need to do anything, since the jad file built for you by Eclipse, already has the sibling cods identified.  So look at the jad files in your deliverables folder and you should find a jad file that will work with your unzipped cod files. 

You don't have to do anything different, just sign, unzip into web site download directory, place your jad file in that directory too, then to OTA download, use a link to the jad file. 

There is a little bit more about this process here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/java/documentation/package_distribute_apps_2006593_11.html