Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

how to add lwuit jar on blackbeery

Hello

I prepared my mobile application by using LWUIT design. My application works fine on nokia & samsung mobile phones.Unforunately, it cant work on blackberry devices. I can compile and send it to mobile phone but when I try to open it,nothing happens.I think there is a different way to use LWUIT on blackberry devices.Is it possible to use exact code (that I used on Nokia mobile phones ) on blackberry devices and how i can add LWUIT.jar for blackberry devices? I should follow the same way?But I come across with a couple of errors for instance when I downloaded blackberry source via SVN and add it as a project to Blackberry JDE, I have seen a couple of errors such as missing files.I tried to add these missing files from Lwuit source but still there are lots of missing files and some errors as well. I tried other methods but still I cant work LWUIT on blackberry.(errors are such as preveficiation errors etc etc) Ok you can call me dumb but I assure you I tried exact methods  Maybe someone should convert LWUIT.jar(for blackberry) to COD or there should be a simple way to use LWUIT on Blackberry. LWUIT is a great tool for everyone and for blackberry developers it will be great if someone can find an easy solution to use LWUIT on Blackberry. I am looking forward for your helps. If you enlighten me about this subject, I will be so glad.

Best Regards
elaltaico

Developer

Re: how to add lwuit jar on blackbeery

Will this KB article hepls you.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/How_To_-_Compi...

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

[ Edited ]

preverify the jar and use rapc to create a cod.

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/How_To_-_Use_t...

edit: bbdevelopers article covers it better, didn't find it in the kb at first :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer

[ Edited ]

I tried it on BlackBerry Devices and it works for me.Do as suggested above and if you get verification errors read this article form authors of LWUIT:

http://lwuit.blogspot.com/2009/01/rim-blackberry-verification-errors.html

hope that helps,

yosoh

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
New Developer

Hi

You meant I need to clean & build LWUIT  after that I need to convert it to .cod?? I downloaded latest SVN version of LWUIT and converted it to .cod. After that I created mobileapplication project and how i will use LWUIT on this project? I meant there will be two different .cod at last : one lwuit.cod second mobileapplication.cod or I will use lwuit.cod inside mobileapplication project.I will be so glad if you enlighten me about this.Thank you so much.

Regards

Altayli

Developer

add the jar as a dependency in your original project.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer

hello simon.if you wanted me to upload lwuit jar to my project and compile it and after getting .jar then convert jar(my project) to cod and upload it to device trust me it does not work.there should be a different solution..pls guys help me about this issue.it is getting me mad.

Regards

Altayli

Developer

in my project the library jar files are imported (jde: properties/build/imported jar files).

i can use all library files in my app.

after i compiled the application i add the library cod files to my distribution files (alx or jad) and put the files with the application cod.

@SimonHain on twitter