Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

how to implement a image browser like camera pictures

How to implement a pictures browser like in camera application pictures from selected directory

Developer
peter_strange

Re: how to implement a image browser like camera pictures

Just as a suggestion, I would use a Java application, using the FileConnection API to find the picture files and then scale them and display the images as Bitmaps.  Job done.....
Developer

THANKS ANY CODE EXAMPLE
Developer
peter_strange

No need to shout.  You didn't say you wanted code samples - you said you wanted to know how to implement it.

But what code samples do you want?  There are many parts to the application you are describing.  I think you will need code to: read a directory to find pictures, read a file, scale an image, add an image to an appropraitely written Manager, create a generic Application, save options, potentially Touch Screen interaction. 

I'm sure there are other things that are required in this application too. 

You will find samples of a lot of these supplied with the JDE, in the KB, in this forum, and even for some parts like FileConnection which are not Rim specific, on the web.  This will help you a lot in your implementation.  But if you can't anything that will help you in a specific area, then please ask again!

Developer

Basically i would like to see the images in a directory on the bb and be capable of selecting