Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
dubepuneet
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Software Engineer

how to integrate pdf reader in blackberry to upload, download and read .pdf file

Hello,

I want to integrate a PDF raeder to make my application enable to read, upload and  download PDF file from mobile to server.

I can read, write upload download .txt file, word file, PPT and excel.

I want the same for PDF.

Any suggestion will be appreciable.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ManikandanP
My Device: Blackberry 8320
My Carrier: Airtel India

Re: how to integrate pdf reader in blackberry to upload, download and read .pdf file

Are you want to know how to view PDF files in BB? I assume PDF file upload and download will be taken care by sending PDF file as byte array to server, right? if not explain what do you mean exactly upload and download?

You can view PDF file in BB, check this thread for more details,

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/How-to-open-file-Many-file-types-check-the-t...

Note: You have to install 3rd party PDF reader in BB device to open file via your application. If you have Doc2Go PDF reader, open once and accept terms and conditions.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
amrinder_singh_003
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: developer

Re: how to integrate PDF reader in blackberry to upload, download and read .pdf file

Hello,

I am also developing an application for 9800, I have to open PDF file in application, we have URL which open PDF file in system browser, I want to open the same PDF file in my blackberry application. What I get is, Open a PDF file is not possible in Blackberry... We have some paid application which can be use to open PDF but I don't want to bound user to purchase any other additional application to use my application.

Please assist me for the solution.

Regards,

Amrinder

Please use plain text.