Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
atifqureshi
My Device: Not Specified

Re: how to make half of screen no scrollable and other half part of screen scrollable

this is fine working at my side there is only one issue. you are trying to insert the Label Field in upperscreen without initializing it.

"upperScreen.add(new LabelField("swapnil"));"

kindly cut and paste this line after initializing the upperscreen.

Hope that will solve your problem 

also add following code after initializing the lowerscreen. So you can see half screen is moving.

lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr"));

lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr")); lowerscreen.add(new LabelField("swapnilvr"));

Trusted Contributor
swapnil_gadkari
My Device: BlackBerry 9550

Re: how to make half of screen no scrollable and other half part of screen scrollable

thank you very very much. i achieved the task as suggested by you.

Swapnil G.
New Contributor
dubepuneet
My Device: 8520

Hi atifqureshi, swapnil_gadkari,

I am very new in BB application development and I want make a screen which should behave like this. I trie your code but I am not able to fix my Bottom part.2502iC32B3B44CD50667F

In the Header part I want to insert one image, one label and tow button in one horizontal and one text field and one one button in other horizontal, Both horizontal manager is added in one vertical manager.

In the mid part which should be scrollable will contain large data.

In the Bottom i want to put 4 button that should be visible all time.

Note: Header and Footer are containing one background image saperately but Mid part dose not.

Please provide me source code for this..

Thanks

Developer
peter_strange

Trusted Contributor
rrr_04

[ Edited ]
hi swapnil_gadkari,
Trusted Contributor
rrr_04

hi swapnil_gadkari,

1. As Your code showing you are adding filed(upperScreen.add(new LabelField("swapnil")); ) in upperScreen(HorizontalFieldManager) before creating its should be throw null pointer exception.

2. overriding paintBackground instead of subpaint method.

3. You overriding sublayout method but does not setting any value.

i would recommend you to read following thread they are already solved.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/why-can-t-i-scroll-partially/td-p/539576

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Manager-style-precedence/m-p/539606#M109247