Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
elaltaico
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

how to preverify a jar on blackberry

Hello

I tried preverify methods but I did not succeed. Could you please tell me a way to preverift jars on blackberry? I am using LWUIT.jar to design my blackberry. When I compile it, I come across with preverification errors. Could you please tell me a way or a simple way to fix preverification error issue? Thank you in advance.

Regards

Altayli

Developer
BBDeveloper

Re: how to preverify a jar on blackberry

Check this thread.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=54456&query.id=24...

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer
hubinjisu

Developer
konic

In fact, there is just one line

"D:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0\bin\preverify" -classpath "D:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" kxml2-2.3.0.jar

Of course, you have to fill it with your stuff.
Make sure jar.exe is in the PATH as well

New Developer
New Developer
rzr
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)

well it's weird , I still have this eviscerated error :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Eclipse-plugin-horrible-time-trying-to-add-a...

is there something faulty in this log :

"C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30\components\bin\/preverify.exe" -verbose -classpath c:/Eclipse//plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30//components/lib/net_rim_api.jar tmp/examplelib.jar
ajout : example/ (entr�e = 0) (sortie = 0) (0% stock�)
ajout : example/Utils.class (entr�e = 504) (sortie = 287) (43% compresses)
[Output directory for verified classes: output]
[Loaded java/lang/Object] from [c:/Eclipse//plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30//components/lib/net_rim_api.jar]
[Loaded java/lang/Class] from [c:/Eclipse//plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30//components/lib/net_rim_api.jar]
[Loaded java/lang/String] from [c:/Eclipse//plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30//components/lib/net_rim_api.jar]
[Loaded java/lang/Throwable] from [c:/Eclipse//plugins/net.rim.ejde.componentpack6.0.0_6.0.0.30//components/lib/net_rim_api.jar]
[Loaded example/Utils] from [tmp/examplelib.jar]
Executing command [jar -cvfM "output/examplelib.jar" -C tmp3282 .]

Contributor
jayachandrap

How to convert normal bimap to charcoal image??

Hi

I am developing aPhoto Editor application for this i need to convert normal bitmap to charcoal image can any one help me in this.

xak
Visitor
xak
My Device: None

Hi,

I tried to fix it the way you mentioned me but i still get an error. In CMD i get the following error:

"JAR file creation failed with error -1"

The preverified classes if any are in tmp19600. See jar log of errors in output\jarlog.txt"

When i open \output\jarlog.txt i see the following message:

"Error: No such file or directory
jar -cfm "output\WS.jar" tmp19436\\META-INF\MANIFEST.MF -C tmp19436 . "

I opened the folder tmp19600 and i can see the classes (just plain classes not a .jar file) there but they have some scrambled code inside and when i'm trying to import them to the package i can't see or use them in Eclipse.

Can you please help me with this issue if you know how? Help will be much appriciated.

Thank you infront,

Alex

New Contributor
juanchol
My Device: ????

The solution to this is to put the correct PATH variable in the "Enviromental Variables" of the System(right click in My PC->Enviromental Variables).

If "PATH" already exists you need to add the path of the BIN of the JDK installed on the Computer.

The carpet you should add this is the bin:

for example: "C:\PATH_TO_THE_INSTALLED_JDK\bin".

Greetings.