Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Device Software version 4.2.0 or later
My Carrier: student

how to send email in BlackBerry playbook

[ Edited ]

hi ,

how to send email in BlackBerry playbook  .I using the following code.It's not run successfuly send mail and does not given error.what i do?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:View xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009" xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark" title="Home" xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" ><fxSmiley Frustratedcript><![CDATA[import mx.events.FlexEvent;import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;public function sendEmail():void{myCFC.sendEmail(ctr_your_name.text,ctr_your_email.text,ctr_name_friend.text,ctr_email_friend.text,ctr_subject.text,ctr_message.text);btn_send.enabled = false;}private function onResult(e:ResultEvent):void{ctr_your_name.text = "";ctr_your_email.text = "";ctr_name_friend.text = "";ctr_email_friend.text = "";ctr_subject.text = "";ctr_message.text = "";}

]]></fxSmiley Frustratedcript><fxSmiley Very Happyeclarations><s:RemoteObject id="myCFC" destination="ColdFusion" source="cfmapping.sendEmail.cfcApp" showBusyCursor="true"><s:method name="sendEmail" result="onResult(event)" fault="Error" /></s:RemoteObject></fxSmiley Very Happyeclarations><sSmiley Tongueanel id="pn_Form" width="830" height="519" horizontalCenter="-122" title="Contact Form - ColdFusion with Flex" verticalCenter="-5"><!--simple form with fields --><s:Form x="177.5" y="8" width="601" height="478"><s:FormItem id="txt_your_name" width="450" height="59" label="Your Name"fontWeight="bold"><s:TextInput id="ctr_your_name" x="0" y="-1" width="250" height="37"/></s:FormItem><s:FormItem label="Your Email Address" id="txt_your_email" fontWeight="bold" width="450"><s:TextInput id="ctr_your_email" width="250" height="38"/></s:FormItem><s:FormItem label="Name of Friend" id="txt_name_friend" fontWeight="bold" width="450"><s:TextInput id="ctr_name_friend" width="250" height="40"/></s:FormItem><s:FormItem label="Email Address of Friend" id="txt_email_friend"  fontWeight="bold" width="450"><s:TextInput id="ctr_email_friend" width="250" height="33"/></s:FormItem><s:FormItem label="Subject" id="txt_subject" fontWeight="bold" width="450"><s:TextInput id="ctr_subject" width="250" height="42"/></s:FormItem><s:FormItem label="Message" id="txt_message" fontWeight="bold" width="450"><s:TextArea height="60" id="ctr_message" width="250"/></s:FormItem><s:Button label="Send Email" id="btn_send"   enabled="{(ctr_your_name.text.length == 0 || ctr_your_email.text.length == 0 || ctr_name_friend.text.length == 0 || ctr_email_friend.text.length == 0) ? false : true}"  toolTip="{btn_send.enabled == true ? 'Send Message' : 'Your name, your email, name your friend and email your friend is required '}"  click="sendEmail()" height="32" width="223"/></s:Form></sSmiley Tongueanel></s:View>

EDIT: Split from another thread, edited title

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: how to send email in BlackBerry playbook

Did you notice that this is the BlackBerry Java development forum, not the playbook forum?

Developer

Re: how to send email in BlackBerry playbook

Agree, I think you want to ask that question here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/bd-p/tablet

But since, as far as I know, there is no native email client on the PB as yet, I suspect you are not going to be able to  do this.

Contributor

Re: how to send sms text in BlackBerry playbook

You can also see here how to send SMS text from PlayBook using an app.

http://sulata.mobi/how-to-send-sms-text-message-from-blackberry-playbook-2/