Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
an_andy
My Device: 8900,9000,9530,9500,9700

how to use google map in blackberry?..

Hi,

I want to integrate google map in blackberry and want to customize it. but do not want to integrate as seprate application of google map in blackberry.

Thanks in Advance

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: how to use google map in blackberry?..

there is no way to integrate google maps into your own application, it is a third party app. you can either use blackberrymaps or contact google to ask them about it.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

I guess this is a follow-up from your previous thread, "how to get lat/lon from a touch on google maps"?

Here is what you can do (based on my experience):

* You can launch Google Maps app from your BlackBerry app with a single "point of interest". You cannot get back a touch or a coordinate from the map.

* You can Invoke (see Invoke class) BlackberryMaps with a Location document, with multiple waypoints. You *can* get back the coordinates of the map by placing an ApplicaitonMenuItem on the map (see ApplicationMenuItem and ApplicationMenuItemRepository)

* You can use MapField in your Blackberry application, where you have complete control over the map image. Using this control, you can paint your own "points of interest" and determine the lat/log of a touch.

* There is also a Google Maps web service. I do not have any practical experience with it, but I did run across it doing some research for a project. You would have to go do your own reseach on this.

My advice: There is a MapfieldDemo program with the JDE that illustrates using MapField. I strongly suggest that you use it as a starting point.

Contributor
koderkid
My Device: Storm 2-9550

Thanks for your very important information , that is the answer for my problems.
Trusted Contributor
avi_yach
My Device: Not Specified

I am using google static maps api for my application. You can refer this link to know on how to use it http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/staticmaps/

Google static maps api may not be a very good solution as it is not interactive.

Btwn is it possible to use Google maps installed on your mobile from your application?