Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
brent_glad
My Device: Not Specified

including 4.6 and 4.7 files?

Here is my problem:

When I build my application with 4.6.0 JDE then create the alx file, it runs fine on a device with 4.6.0, but seemingly NOT on a device with 4.7.0.

Conversely, when I build in 4.7.0 JDE then create the alx file, it runs fine on a device with 4.7.0, but seemingly NOT on a device with 4.6.0.

Is there a way to include code files for both, so that a 4.6.0 device loads 4.6.0 code and a 4.7.0 device loads 4.7.0 code?

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: including 4.6 and 4.7 files?

a 4.7 device runs 4.6 code just fine. an exception would be the storm which executes code not compiled in the correct jde (>=4.7) with compatibility mode.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Developer
brent_glad

I thought there was a way to include multiple .cod files within a single .cod file so that OS 4.6 reads a 4.6 cod file and OS 4.7 reads a 4.7 cod file. Is that possible?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

This is not an easy option in general, and won't help you with the Storm compatibility issue.  You need a cod compiled on 4.7 to get over the issue, so if your main cod is not compiled in 4.7, you will run in compatibility mode.  But if your main cod is 4.7, then it is not supported on a 4.6 device.  This is regardless of whether you have alternate subsidiary cod files for different OS Levels.

Please use plain text.