Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
misty83
My Device: 8300, 8800, 8700f, 9000

installing application using another one

hi, is there possibility to do such a thing:

i've got A application, and on sd card there is B application (not installed). is it possible that A will install B? if yes-how can i start with it?

regards

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: installing application using another one

Have a look at CodeModuleManager API which lets you create a new module, write data to it (in your case, that's the data that's on the SD card), and then save the module.
Please use plain text.
Developer
misty83

yes, i'm reading about it right now. but i've got another question-how can i save an application on the device without installing it? cause normally i use javaloader for loading applications. but that means they are installed. i see that using DesktopManager i can also load it but i suppose that also means that the application will be installed.

how can i put it without installing it? so that i can write some test code using CodeModuleManger for installing it?

regards

Please use plain text.
Developer

As far as I know, application cannot be run without having been installed first.
Please use plain text.
Developer
misty83

You do not understand me. i want to load an application without installing it. i want to store it on sdCard and then install it using CodeModuleManager
Please use plain text.
Developer

Have a look at Connector.open() and java.microedition.io.file package.
Please use plain text.
Developer
misty83

but what for? that is not what i need. i need to load somehow application (or files from my application) without installing it. then, using other (also written by me) application i want to install it.

par example: imagine You've saved on the disc of Your computer a *.exe file. it is only stored there but it is not installed untill You'll do it.

Please use plain text.