Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mohitsharma
My Device: Blackberry Torch

invisible field, weird behavior.

Hey help me with this,

I added 4 fields to the horizontal field manager, which itself is in a vertical field manager, say buttonfield then at some point based on userinput i hide

all 4 of them by overriding subpaint() of vertical field manager by not painting child horizontal field manager. They get invisible but when i scroll across this vertical field manager then at the ends of this manager i can still see the fields in hfm.

I am attaching the snapshots of same.

Any idea why such weird behavior eventhough i overrided subpaint behavior.

any help will be appreciated.

button1.JPGbutton2.JPGbutton3.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: invisible field, weird behavior.

Your images can only be seen by you. Please try posting them to a free image host provider (like PhotoBucket) and edit your original post.

Thanks.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
mohitsharma

thanx i uploaded image on photobucket also on following link

http://pbckt.com/sb.67F

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

I'm not sure of what you want it to look like based on the pictures but maybe you can implement a ScrollListener on the field and invalidate on scroll to make sure its clearing the images.

Only thing I can think of.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Please use plain text.
Developer
JCarty

[ Edited ]

By the way you said you are overriding subpaint but how are you hiding the fields?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mohitsharma

In subpaint, i m not paining other childs but not this horizontal field manager.

public void subpaint(Graphics g) {
         super.subpaint(g);
         paintChild(g, img);
         if (barOneVisible) {
        	 paintChild(g, barOne);
}

I dont understand why the fields under "barOne" HorizontalFieldManager that too only at the ends are

visible.

Please use plain text.
Developer
mohitsharma

can anybody help me out?

Please use plain text.