Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
rakeshsoni
My Device: Curve8530, Curve8900, Storm9500
My Carrier: Airtel, vodaphone, Wifi
Accepted Solution

invoking 3rd party application from browser link

Hi

I am writing an application that will allow users to add mulitple servers.  and the one of the requirement is 

If user open a server website into the blackberry browser and click on particular link. then link should invoke my blackberry application, addserver page with some parameter.

it is possible to invoke other downloaded applications from browser html page link ?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
rakeshsoni

Re: invoking 3rd party application from browser link

Can anyone help me to find out this.

is it possible to invoke my blackberry applications from browser html page link ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Since no one else is answering I will pass on what I can.

I think you have two choices, I have used and tested neither of them so this is entirely from reading.

1) Content Handler - in this case you would make the download link be handled by your specific applications - I think there would have to be an actual link

b) HttpFilterRegistry - in this you provide the response to the Browser - so you can tell it something simple like 'application started' and then do processing in your own application. 

Have a look at these and see if you can figure it out.  I would also recommend that you search the forum, because I am confident this question has been asked before. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
rakeshsoni

Thank you very much peter for you help. I have implemented the feature to open my blackberry application by calling a URL or from a hyperlink click in device browser.

I have also found this tread on forum

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Is-it-possible-to-open-a-blackberry-applicat...

Please use plain text.