Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
adem666
My Device: Not Specified

is there anybody implement bbm api successfully ?

hi, 

I wonder is there anybody that implement and run bbm successfully. 

there is a api, net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar. if you add it to your project, you can compile the project but you cannot run it. becuase net_rim_bb_qm_platform module is missing in device. 

net_rim_bb_qm_platform.cod is in jar file and if you try to extract it and combine with your application manually (modifying jad), then it gives securty exception when it try to run. because net_rim_bb_qm_platform.cod has not signature. 

if you try to sign net_rim_bb_qm_platform.cod, signaturetool application gives a message that "RIMAPPSA2 is not registered".

is it possible to make an application that support bbm or blackberry puts some docs and api for only hoodwinking. because all docs, samples, stuffs of bbm are nonsense and doesnt work at all.

Please use plain text.
Developer
anditsung
My Device: Z10, Onyx2
My Carrier: IND XL

Re: is there anybody implement bbm api successfully ?

net_rim_bb_qm_platform module is missing in device.
because the device did not using bbm v6

do you know that for bbm connected app need to be v6?
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: is there anybody implement bbm api successfully ?

"Is there anybody implement bbm api successfully ?"

Yes - quite a few if you look at the BBM connected apps in App World.

It is not a simple API, you have to spend some time to get your head around it.  The SDKDemo sample is good because it demonstrates almost everything, but difficult because it is complicated to understand it.  I would like to see a simple example that explained just one or two functions but that is just me.

In addition, it is not a simple deployment except for the case that you say that your app only works on phones with a suitable level of BBM.  Otherwise you have to build a separate BBM only cod to include with your app.  But this is shown in the documentation you get with the BBM SDK. 

So I disagree with you, the docs and API are not for hood winking, and the API does work. 

Please use plain text.