Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Pif
Contributor
Pif
My Device: Simulator

isVisible is invisible

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/5.0.0api/net/rim/device/api/ui/Field.html#isVisible()

API states, the following about isVisible() method:

Determines whether or not this UI element is visible.

This method returns true if the UI element is potentially visible. The application must be foreground and the screen must be visible.

However, this method might indicate that a screen or field is visible when it is not.

Returns:
        The visibility state of the field or screen. true if the element is visible.
    Since:
        BlackBerry API 3.6.0

Does anybody know, under which conditions can this method return true, even if it's not?

Please use plain text.
Developer
arkadyz
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

Re: isVisible is invisible

When a field is scrolled out, for example: the screen it's on is visible, but the field isn't yet. However, it is potentially visible, so isVisible will return true.

I'm curious whether isVisible may return false when the field is actually visible (the other way around). For example, if there is a PopupScreen over a FullScreen and the field is on the FullScreen not obstructed by the popup...

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Please use plain text.