Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
CBissonnette
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: java.lang error please help

Yes, I saw that to, The ScreenDisplay class hold the main screen and this is where the problem seems to occur.  Can I get a more specific message?  I'll ask the customer to send me the detail of that exception and we should see ...

As an update to the problem, I think I have a patern, 3 Tour users running OS 5, all with the twitter app.  Is it possible for 2 apps to confilct?  I can only see the persistent obj to be visible (only an idea) ???  How can I test that in simulator?  Can I download an app from the App World and install it on simulator? 

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Developer
CBissonnette
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Verizon update fix this issue.  Thanks to all who help me!

Verizon has dropped another update to the recently released OS 5.0.0.591 for the Tour 9630. Reports are flying in that users are getting update emails, and that pesky wireless update icon is popping up on homescreens. Whats odd is that the OS version is still the same, but the platform version has been updated. At release, the OS sat at plaform 4.2.0.272, and the update being offered is platform 4.2.0.284. Hopefully this update fixes some of the huge issues Tour users were having with the last release. If you're using a Verizon 9630 you should have the wireless update option available, and it looks like no desktop install has been posted just yet. Hit the forums for more discussion. 

CrackBerry.com's feed sponsored by ShopCrackBerry.com. Verizon Updates OS 5.0.0.591 for Tour 9630 Users

Please use plain text.
Developer
Comitic
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I believe this is related to some bug in the OS. Every now and then our users will get this while upgrading the app. Simple restart (battery pull) usually solves the problem (we did not hear from users that it did NOT solve the problem but some may have just decided not to bother). I believe in your case it was not the update but restart triggered by the update.

Please use plain text.