Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
davidhaner
My Device: Not Specified

ksoap and tunnels on actual storm

I'm using KSOAP to connect to my server, it works great on the simulator.

My APN is correct on the device, and I can connect  using KSOAP just fine for the first connection.

After I connect once however, when debugging on the device as soon as I try to connect again I receive an error: 

Choking Tunnel.open due to 'max tunnels' error; id=3

Eventually the previous tunnel appears to close (a few minutes) and the new connection succeeds.

I don't see a way to close a connection using the KSOAP api, reading about it it says that after it receives a response it automatically closes the connection.  What should I be doing?  

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Re: ksoap and tunnels on actual storm

What carrier is on that Storm?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
davidhaner

My carrier is AT&T.

I was using WAP.CINGULAR with the username WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM and password CINGULAR1.

This was the APN that was letting me connect once and apparently only allowing one tunnel until the timeout and then it would connect again.

I'm experimenting with blackberry.net as an APN now.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
davidhaner

blackberry.net doesn't work

I called AT&T, got 3rd level of tech support and they told me to use blackberry.net(orange) which doesn't work either.

Anyone else have this problem?  Any ideas?  I suspect I need to somehow force the connection/tunnel to close, but have no idea how to go about that.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Try this:

"deviceside=true;apn=isp.cingular"

Or, try the WAP settings:

";deviceside=true;WapGatewayIP=10.250.250.250;WapGatewayPort=9201;WapGatewayAPN=proxy"

Or try WAP2 (which you can get straight from the service books). See this article:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800451/800563/What_Is...

And (BTW) this info (and other valuable info regarding communications) is all in Peter's sticky thread on the front page of this forum.

Please use plain text.