Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

live debugging, updating code, and setting/triggering breakpoints.

I am an eclipse user, and I have installed the JDE plugin and I have connected to my device and seen output while running an application.

my issue/question is how I update the code on the device.  I currently generate a .jad and .cod files and install that software onto the device.  If I change / modify the code, do I need to re-generate the .jad and .cod files, reinstall the app (which usually requires a reboot, which on a storm - takes a pretty long time)?  seems like there should be a better way to do that.

also, I have tried setting breakpoints in the code, but it never seems to trigger them.  even if I set the breakpoint at the entry point.

i'm guessing i'm doing something wrong.  i see a lot of information about hooking things up, but not how to update code on the device and trigger breakpoints in code.

thanks for reading.

-phil

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: live debugging, updating code, and setting/triggering breakpoints.

AFAIK, you canot change the code while debugging, you have to re build and load it to see the new changes.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.