Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
godwinpinto
My Device: 9900
Accepted Solution

local storage(writable) that is not accessible from file explorer of BB or through desktop

Hello,

I have some html file that are downloaded post app startup. I would use the browserfield to display these html pages.

The assistance i need is to know;

• Is there an internal writable directory where i can store my html files and access from browserfield, at the same time it should not be accessible from file explorer.
  • How do i read files from here using fileconnection
  • What should i write in browserField.requestContent("????????");

The html files need to be not accesible as they have certain logic which i would not like to expose to the end user.

Many Thanks in advance,

Godwin

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: local storage(writable) that is not accessible from file explorer of BB or through desktop

welcome to the support forums.

you can store the file in your project, it won't be accessible from the file explorer, but also not writable.
you can use getResource to access it.

if you store the file on the local filesystem it is accessible for the user. you could use encryption, of course.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
godwinpinto
My Device: 9900

Re: local storage(writable) that is not accessible from file explorer of BB or through desktop

To reconfirm, this means there is no such location.

I have worked with android and IOS and then have such a location to store data (in this case html files) which is away from user access and other apps access at the same time writable.

May be i need to find a way around if the user plays around with the folder or files within it saved in local storage i.e. file:///store/home/user/data. (security perspective) 

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

BB OS is much older. If you want to work with the modern system use BB10 :smileyhappy:

as i said, if you need writable files you will have to employ encryption.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter