Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
sowjanya1919
My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: company

Re: lunching application through url

i tried all types of stuff, but my application is not opening through an url in my browser.  i followed the code what is their in Httpfilterdemo .I tried both in simulator and in device,but server not found error is coming.i strucked here.please anybody help me.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

In your other Thread you have been referred to the HttpFilterDemo sample. 

Have you actually built and tried the sample without making any changes to it? 

If not, please do so.

If so and the sample does not work, please describe the development environment you have used and the results that you get.  Also make sure you debug the code you have created to make sure that the http filter is actually added correctly.  RIM is not in the habit of creating samples that don't work, so if you can't get that sample to work, then you must look carefully at your implementation.  I suspect the same implementation error is what is stopping your code work. 

If you try the sample and it works, then review it, and compare it with your code to fins out what is wrong with your code.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sowjanya1919
My Device: Blackberry curve
My Carrier: company

I agree with ur conversation. what i want is when the application is registered and i am opening through url, instead of opening a html page ,i want  a class which extends MainScreen has to be called. Is it possible?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: lunching application through URL

Yes, but it would need to be done indirectly.  This is not what HttpFilter is designed to do.  What is is designed to do is provide local content for a web application. 

If you want to launch an application as far as I am aware, the best approach is to use the Content handler API.  I don't know much about it, having never used it, so search the forum for further information.  For JavaDoc, look in the package

javax.microedition.content. 

Please use plain text.