Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
sriramv
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

missing class net.rim.device.resources.Resource, application not showing up in simulator

Hello Everyone,

I am using the Eclipse JDE plugin to develop my application.  It was working fine until I starting using Hashtables in my code.  After that , my application won't run and gave the error "error loading class net.rim.device.resources.Resource".

This class is part of the standard library and don't know what this error is due to.

I have tried reinstalling eclipse and all the plugins and now my application won't even show up in the simulator :smileysad:.  

Please help.

Thanks,

Sri

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: missing class net.rim.device.resources.Resource, application not showing up in simulator

Have you added language resources to your application?  If so please verify that the package specified within them is correct.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
jMarc

Re: missing class net.rim.device.resources.Resource, application not showing up in simulator

What M.Sohm says is true. To expand on it a little: if you have a ResourceBundle and the package statement in the .rrh file disagrees with the .jdp, weird things can happen. And if you move a ResourceBundle to a different package, its package statement does not get updated automatically, you have to fix it yourself.  Make sure the package statement in the .rrh matches what the Package Explorer view says it should be.

So, when you added Hashtables, was that the only thing you added?

Don't panic on the application not showing up in the simulator.  When you run an app in the simulator, the build files (.cod, .jar, etc) are copied to the simulator directory (<your eclipse root>\plugins\<component pack xxx>\components\simulator).  When you reinstalled, the simulator directory was rebuilt from scratch, without your app's build files.  Since you can't build, you don't get any new build files to copy to the simulator.

Hang in there.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
sriramv

Thank you everyone! Both your suggestions worked and now I am back on track.  The problem was not because of the Hashtable.  It was because of some files I moved around and the project files probably going bad.   Since I am using eclipse, there's no rrh file.   But thanks anyways for the information.  Greatly appreciated.

I solved this by building a new project and adding all the files again to the new project instead of re-importing the old project.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jMarc

Good to hear you got it, Sri.

Just one correction.  The eclipse plug-in does support .rrh/.rrc files; even has a dedicated Resource Editor for them.

Please use plain text.