Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
violet313
My Device: Not Specified

more tricky questions

[ Edited ]

sigh,

here's a couple more questions that i expect nobody has the answer to:

1. Programmatic reconciliation

Easy this one! - (how) is it possible to programmatically invoke email reconciliation - like happens when the end-user chooses the Reconcile Now menu item from the BB Messages app.

2. Identifying a synched folder from MAPI using a universal ID provided by the BB device.

My BB app is trying (very hard) to tell my desktop app (which uses extended MAPI) how to find a specific reconcilled email that exists on both the BB device and the desktop mail client (Outlook).  

Now i do have this working, if i don't mind scouring all the messages for the PR_RIM_MSG_REF_ID that BES kindly provides. Thats good. -Only, I was really hoping to go one step further and be able to tell the desktop app which folder to look in..

I know i can use the folder name but i was hoping that i might be able to use some kind of a folderID.

The following RIM API gives me a 64-bit integer on the BB device but I can't see that its of any use from inside the MAPI (or am i wrong about that !?):

Folder oFolder=oMessage.getFolder();

long lFolderID=oFolder.getId();

I also see that the RIM Folder object contains a private net.rim.device.apps.internal.blackberryemail.folder.EmailFolder field which is declared as  _emailFolder -And this object in turn contains a private int field declared as _folderId

..Which interestingly happens to hold the very same value as the one i get if i ALT + v i e w an email....

Is there any way of getting hold of this through the RIM 4.2 API ? 

Is it any use for my purposes?

Is there some far more cunning way? 

Any help gets a heap of thx and my undying admiration, forever.

Message Edited by violet313 on 10-15-2008 02:07 PM
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: more tricky questions

1.  There is no API in the BlackBerry API set that triggers email reconciliation.

2.  The BlackBerry API set does not provide IDs to map back to IDs used internally by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.  However, any programmatic changes made to messages (mark read/unread, delete, move folder, etc...) are reconciled by to a user's mailbox on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. 

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker