Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Super Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: sdvsdvsd

move text from left to right and right to left in label

look at screen shot , i have layout and see the middle part which contains label and some text , and i have vector contains 50 elements of type string. i have implemented the navigation moment to get the left and right direction to fetch the values from vector and display the value in the lable, i mean to say when i swipe left to label it will fetch the value from label and show that fetched value in label.and same on right swipe, i have done that , and the code is running good. 

now my problem is that when i swipe the label to get the next value ,i wanto move the text of label in the swipe direction , i mean to say that the text is looking like it's moving from left to right and vice-versa.

i don't want to use the Slide transition, i just wanto move the text in the label ,looking like it's moving in swipe direction.

8530.png

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: move text from left to right and right to left in label

Have you already asked this question?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/swipe-screen-with-wipe-transitions/m-p/23006...

That said, I am not sure what your requirement actually is.  You say:

"... the text is looking like it's moving from left to right ..."

I don't know if you want the text to move as a block, or the individual characters to scroll off.  Perhaps you can mock up some screen shots showing the effect you are looking for at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the movement.  Then we will understand exactly what you want. 

Super Contributor

that was with transition , i have said that i don;t want to use slide transitions,this is different question. 

Developer

I thought we had discussed a number of options in that Thread, including just moving the text. 

But regardless, you have not answered my question, which was:

I am not sure what your requirement actually is.  You say:

"... the text is looking like it's moving from left to right ..."

I don't know if you want the text to move as a block, or the individual characters to scroll off.  Perhaps you can mock up some screen shots showing the effect you are looking for at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the movement.  Then we will understand exactly what you want.

Super Contributor

yes i want the text to move as a block. as u can see the three lines of string i want to move the as block according to the swipe direction
Developer

slide or wipe?

You might remember we have already discussed this and you wanted wipe.  Ths is what I said:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/swipe-screen-with-wipe-transitions/m-p/23088...