Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8530
My Carrier: tata indicom
Accepted Solution

my app not being published in app world

I recently build an app through app generator 2-3 days ago. The app generator shows that my app has been reviewed and published in blackberry world but I still can't see it not in my desktop nor in my smartphone. Please help me I really want the app.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: my app not being published in app world

Can you see it as 'for sale' in your vendor portal?

If you can, then check that you have specified in App World the appropriate Language, OS level and device type to make sure it is in fact available for your phone. 

You might find this is a better forum for App World issues:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World-Development/bd-p/appworld_dev

New Contributor

My vendor portal does not show for sale it shows published. I have made 2 apps and both are not appearing in app world. And I didn't understand the language thing as app generator says it build apps for os5, os6, os7 , os10 and playbook. So it got to supoort my device. Well my device is blackberry curve 8530 os5
Developer

Just let me clarify the places I think you need to look. 

Perhaps we see different things, all I can tell you is what I see in my Vendor Portal.

In the initial Manage Products screen, for each Product, I have a link to

"Post for Sale"

or

"Remove from Sale"

Your apps should say Remove from Sale.  If they don't, the app is not available on BlackBerry World.

When you add a bundle to your product, you specify the devices, the OS level and languages that this bundle supports.  You can see this if, from the initial Manage Products screen, you select the Magnifying class for the product you are concerned about, then select the edit (pencil) icon for the release you are investigation, then click on "Add Release Level".  The bottom of the screen will have the bundle or bundles for that release, and you can see for each Bundle, the OS, the devices an the languages.  You can edit the device support.  If you want to change anything else, you have to submit a new release. 

With regard to your comments:

" it shows published."

None of my apps have a 'published' indicator so I don't understand this.  Perhaps you can take a screen shot showing this? 

"I didn't understand the language thing as app generator says it build apps for os5, os6, os7 ...".

Two points:

a) This is talking about OS and device support, not language.  The language indicates whether your app can be used on phones with French, English, German etc. 

b) With respect to device and OS support, my understanding is that you will build different packages for different devices, so the App Generator will produce a bar file for PB and BB10, and a cod file for OS 7 and earlier.  So you need to associate this package with the specific devices and OS levels it should be sent to.  I have described above how you can review this for your existing apps. 

"my device is blackberry curve 8530 os5"

So you need to confirm that you have a bundle for OS 5.0 and in the device support for that bundle, you have included the 8530. 

New Contributor

So now I'm bit confused in app generator and vendor portal please see the following screenshots and tell me what's the problem. Also I saw it supoorted my device through procedure you said

http://s11.postimage.org/oblwbk84j/untitled.png
http://s21.postimage.org/ci4qrygbr/untitled8.png
Developer

Sorry don't know App Generator, and am not sure what that screen means.

The BlackBerry World screen is telling you that the apps are still to be reviewed.  They are NOT available..

I suspect the App Generator screen is just telling you that you have published the app to BB World and can not longer change it.  AFAIK App Generator has no control over what happns in BB World and for it to say the apps are available is inaccurate.

Anyway you should be asking questions of the App Generator support. 

New Contributor

So are my apps going to be published or not
Developer
My Device: Limited Edition Z10, Playbook 16GB/32GB, Dev Alpha A/B/C
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

They are being reviewed, so as soon as they are reviewed (and approved) the apps will be available to be published.

I don't know if you selected something to "automatically publish"? Or does this go automatically with App Generator? Sorry to answer your questions with more questions, but I am not familiar with App Generator.

Just wait untill your app has been reviewed and you either see "Approved" in the status column, this means that you have to manually publish your app. Or you see "Up for sale" in the Status column, this means that your app is published in BlackBerry World and can be downloaded.

A like is always appreciated,
but a nomination for BB Elite even more :-)
You can also contact me on Twitter: @ndsmyter
New Contributor

Thank you I will wait for my apps to be reviewed
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telus

Arpit_03 did you get anywhere with this how long did it take?

just to calrifiy App generator said Submitted for review for around 24 hours then said published after that. but vendor portal still says review correct? thats what my problem has been.