Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Super Contributor
Achin
My Device: BOLD 9900
Accepted Solution

navigationMoment() method to fast, how to slow it.

i have used navigationMoment() method to get the direction(left and right only) of swipe and when user swipes left to right or vice-versa

i am pushing screen on every swipe according ti it's direction the code is working fine and i'm working with 5 OS,

but now problem is that when i swipe with trackpad and get the direction to swipe the screen the navigationMoment() method is to fast  with device trackpad,how can i slow down it's detecting speed for direction to push the screen

i mean to say that when i swipe left with device ,it pushes the screen but some time,it will pushes the the screen two time .or something like how to increase the swipe length of trackpad of device...

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: navigationMoment() method to fast, how to slow it.

[ Edited ]

So have you solved this Thread?

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/regarding-navigationMovement-mtehod/m-p/2331...

Edit:

In answer to your question, there is an API to slow down the trackpad, but I don't think you want to use it in this case.  Instead I think you need to ignore swipes that occur too quickly.  This will just involve remembering when the last swipe occurred or the screen was displayed, and returning true from the navigationMovement() when you don't think enough time has elapsed. 

Super Contributor
Achin
My Device: BOLD 9900

yes i have solved this one myself...,
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified