Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

need list of north american operators that RadioInfo.getCurrentNetworkName() could return

I need to map the operators returned by RadioInfo.getCurrentNetworkName() to my application's internal carrier ids. Does anyone have this list for north american carriers?

Developer

Re: need list of north american operators that RadioInfo.getCurrentNetworkName() could return

[ Edited ]

Wouldn't it be better to rely on the Mobile Country Code (MCC) and the Mobile Network Code (MNC) instead of the network name?

New Developer

Re: need list of north american operators that RadioInfo.getCurrentNetworkName() could return

we have a number of shortcode based products which we need to present to customers based on their carrier. I was hoping to use RadioInfo.getCurrentNetworkName()  to return the carrier name, and then present the relevant list of products based on the value returned. I was hoping someone has the full list of possible network names returned by this API so that I could build this mapping. This saves me using DeviceAnywhere and downloading the app to a handset for each carrier just see what the API returns. MNC is overkill for this purpose.